Being able to save lives is an honour in itself. Helping to save the planet is a whole other accomplishment. With climate change one of the most pressing issues facing the world today, it’s no wonder renewable energy is America’s fastest growing energy source. In fact, in 2019 renewable energy usage surpassed coal in the United States for the very first time. This energy came from sources such as geothermal, hydroelectric, wind and – of course – solar.
Lock Jaw Ladder Grip has always been at the forefront of innovation and as times change, so do we. That’s why we aim to support workers who install solar power on people’s roofs by providing them with an accessory intended to maximise safety in their working environment. It is quite simply the best way to secure a ladder.
The grip was designed with safety in the workplace in mind. The device’s co-creator Robert Charlton had worked in the building trade for a number of years and personally witnessed too many accidents and falls on ladders. With the other co-creator and co-founder Craig Charlton, he put the invention through a large amount of design work, trials and testing to ensure that it met all the relevant safety standards – and even surpassed them.
And surpass them it did. The device has won over many satisfied customers around the world. They include big companies, small businesses, independent tradespeople and even the Fire and Rescue services in the Swedish town of Helsingborg, who have made Lock Jaw their new standard. We want to grow our satisfied customer base to include plenty of solar installers too.
Read on to find out more about how Lock Jaw can help you and to read a testimonial from a satisfied solar installer.
The Lock Jaw Difference
While there are other ladder safety accessories on the market, we at Lock Jaw aim to continuously improve and outperform the competition. This page about what makes us different to our competitors has plenty of information. Keep reading to find out more about the benefits.
* It is tax-deductible if you’re using it to produce income. Refer to your accountant for advice. It’s relatively inexpensive, with a 30 day money back guarantee plus free shipping as well.
* It has been successfully tested to withstand forces of up to 100kg. (Link to video of static test on YouTube, see Lock Jaw channel). The device has a ground-breaking jaw mechanism that locks securely into place on the gutter and causes no damage to the ladder or gutter.
* We aim to be innovative. That’s probably part of the reason we were finalists in the Australian Innovation Challenge in 2013. We respond to feedback from our loyal customers and take suggestions in order to constantly improve.
“The Lock Jaw is awesome. I do a heap of solar, and on windy days it stops the ladders falling over and makes the apprentices feel a bit safer. Never had an issue with damaged gutters and I’ve used it every day nearly for the last 4 years.
It’s a must have for anyone who needs to jump up on roofs.” – Jamie Cogan, Solar Installer.
Ladder Safety Tips for Solar Installers
Solar panels are heavy. It’s recommended to use a Ladder Grip to secure your ladder in place before you attempt to manoeuvre them onto the rooftop. Apart from purchasing our product, there are other steps you can take to stay safe on the job as a solar installer.
* Complete a risk assessment
*Choose the right ladder for the job, preferably one that stretches at least three feet above the roof of the house.
* Observe all the regular ladder safety precautions: make sure the ladder is on stable ground and, if not, use a device to stabilize it. Position it at approximately 75 degrees – not too steep but not too angled either.
* Check the area for all the possibly safety hazards you can think of. The weather is another aspect to consider, including wind, heat and snow (if operating in a cold climate).
* Avoid standing on the top rung of the ladder.
* Never carry a load on the ladder heavy enough that it could cause you to lose your balance (an important consideration for working with solar panels).
* Avoid placing the ladder in locations that could prove to be a problem such as outside of exit doors.
Get Yours Today
With a 30 day money back guarantee plus free worldwide shipping, Lock Jaw Ladder Grip is a worthy investment that it costs you nothing to try for yourself. Whether you’re a solar installer or another kind of tradesperson, whether you intend to use it for work or home life, GET YOURS TODAY.